free geoip

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I'm An Idiot...

So, I started filming my web-series this weekend and had all of my equipment and wardrobe bags in the back seat of my Thunderbird. My sister called and asked me if I could pick up her and a friend. I said sure, forgetting about all of the crap in my car. When I got to my car, I decided to take my lighting kit and shove it into my trunk. Ok, now my trunk was also filled to the brim and sitting on top of the brimming stuff was my black wool suit and black leather shoes (the most expensive pair I own, by the way). So, I took my location monitor and placed it on top of my car. I also placed my leather shoes on top of my car—there's no way that I would let these babies get crushed. So, I squeezed my lighting kit into my trunk, got into my car and took off.

I drove down my steep hill and then onto another steep hill. These are among the most coveted steep hills in my town. Many a child have ridden wheeled contraptions down them with much delight. I finally arrived at my sister's place of employment. She ran up to my window and said, “Oh my god Pat, you have a tv on top of your car.” My heart sank. I made it all the way from my house, down two steep hills and one sharp turn without spilling my $180 shoes and $580 monitor. There's no way that I'd be able to replace these considering my current financial status.

Now, I'm not going to thank God because I don't believe in one, but I will thank gravity, heavy leather soles and a heavy-ass monitor's insides.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure what you are trying to say in that last line... "Now, I'm not going thank God because I don't believe in one, but I will thank gravity, heavy leather soles and a heavy-ass monitor's insides."

Not going thank God... I am sure there should be a "to" somewhere in that sentence... I will let you try to figure it out Mr. Grammer...

12:26 AM, October 27, 2004  
Blogger Patrick K. said...

I heard that there's a word thief going around stealing prepositions. I guess I'm just an unfortunate victim in this faceless crime.

10:47 PM, October 27, 2004  
Blogger Patrick K. said...

Update: The proper authorities have been contacted. I've been informed that a “to” was found in the glove compartment of a lime-green, rust-infested 1981 el Camino. It has been returned to it's proper in-sentence-place and has been upgraded, through a new government funded rehabilitation program, called Stolen Fonts Resuscitation Fund, from its normal typeface to a new improved bold and italic version. I have noticed increased confidence and added prepositional strength in my little “to” thanks the the SFRF.

11:01 PM, October 27, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home